At Wings Travel Management, it is our passion to find the best fares for your business travel needs – advising you on how to best leverage your travel budget while monitoring your travel policy. We work with creative ticketing, Internet fares and our own negotiated fares from all our offices across the globe. This applies to hotels, too. Sometimes the best fare is one that a TMC can get for you using a pricing index available through one of its branches in another part of the world.
When deciding on a travel management company, there are some key questions to consider:
- Does it have people on the ground in those emerging markets where travel can quite easily not run to plan?
- Does it have the technology to keep up with your travellers, no matter where they are?
- Does it specialise and understand your industry, in other words, know what you need to make it a successful trip?
- Does it have a history of success and leadership in places that are important to your business?
- Does it give you access to company staff 24/7/365?
- Does it offer standardised technology throughout its global operations so you get the same service and reporting everywhere?
- Does it track the performance of all your travel suppliers: air, car, hotel, ground transportation, TMC?
- Does it have process and reporting audits that provide for accuracy and accountability?
- Does your TMC put the client first, understanding that this is not a one-size-fits-all industry?
- Is your TMC growing into the areas where your business industry is growing? Is it following your industry trends?
- Does it set itself apart in ways that matter: human attention, experience, passion, integrity?
Travel management companies should have easy, ready answers to the above questions.
To determine whether you’re getting the most from your TMC, contact Wings Travel Management on +44 (0) 207 458 7000 or visit Stand No. 230 at the Business Travel Show.
By Paul East
Paul East is chief operating officer at Wings Travel Management, which specialises in corporate, oil & gas, and marine travel. Meet Paul at the Business Travel Show at Stand No. 230 to find out what sets Wings apart from other TMCs. You may contact him directly on 0207 458 7000 or at email@example.com